Thursday, January 13, 2011

Spring Cleaning!

Well...here we are at snow day #13.  Don't get me wrong, I am certainly enjoying my time at home and appreciate that our school system takes into consideration the safety of our students.  However....I have had a touch of cabin fever here and there!  ha ha Thus...leading me to THIS post. 

On Monday, I decided to Spring Clean and go through my closets, drawers, shelves, etc.  After cleaning out everything, I managed to fill 3 garbage bags full and gather a basket of books! Because obviously a yard sale is out of the question right now, I figured I could make a little money back somewhere.  I plan on taking my clothes to a consignment shop and selling them (after my sister picks out what she wants first) and made plans to sell my books to Mr. K's.  Mr. K's in a used book/CD/movie store in town and they do buy backs for either cash or store credit.  If you choose to accept the cash you receive 30% of what they'd sell the book for vs. earning 40% in store credit. Check it out - this store certainly played a huge role in building my classroom library!  Nothing wrong with gently used books. :)
You can check out their website and learn more about used book store policies, here: Mr. K's Online. Now, let's get down to business....this is what I was able to scrounge up during my cleaning rampage:
They wound up taking most!  I came home with approximately 7-10 books they chose NOT to purchase and earned $25.75 in store credit.  While I enjoy reading good books....unfortunately my schedule doesn't allow it.  Most of the books I read lately are associated with grad school! :(  So, I chose to use my store credit to buy some new books for my kiddos.  Here is what I bought!  Keep in mind I used only my store credit and paid NOTHING out of pocket!
Pretty exciting - huh?  I was thrilled...I'm not gonna lie.  ha ha It really is the simple things in life.  I'll have to put my name in them and file them into their appropriate bins when I return to school.  Can you see I have a slight obsession with children's books?  ;-) 
Well, that's all for today.  I'll leave you with this quote...A classroom without books is like a body without a soul.  Happy Thursday! ~Miss E

1 comments:

Rachelle said...

I have no idea what it is like to have a snow day! We do not have those in Utah!!!! One foot of snow overnight means nothing here! :( Good luck on your new blog!
-Rachelle
www.whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com