Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful Mothers out there!  Just wanted to share 2 little things my students put together for their Mom's.  I hope they kept it a secret like I instructed them to do! ;-) 
We planted our Mom's flowers and they started to bloom.  Yay! A few years back...we had no such luck and gave our Moms a cup full of dirt.  Oops. I'm sure they still loved it the same!  If that ever happens to you - no worries.  Just attach this poem:
I planted some seeds in hopes that they'd grow,
Something went wrong, I just don't know...
Instead of some flowers, it's a cupful of dirt.
I love you - I hope your feelings aren't hurt!
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
This project is a favorite every school year.  Students are given scraps and are instructed to create their Mom's sleeping in her bed.  It is suppose to appear as if her head is poking out from under her covers.  We glue it on the front of a paper bag and attached the following poem:
Breakfast in Bed
Since it is your day,
I have something to say.
Don't lift your head,
Have breakfast in bed.
Just take a look...
You don't have to cook!
I don't like to brag,
But it's breakfast in a bag!
Happy Mother's Day 2011
Enjoy!
Inside the bag, we place: a napkin, apple, breakfast bar, and a tea bag.  Wished I would've gotten a few shots of some other bags.  A few of my students (I think) created their Mom's hair to look like it actually looks when they wake up in the morning.  It was sticking up and all over the place - hilarious!  I used scrapbook paper this year, but scraps from wallpaper books make great "bed spreads" for the bags as well.  Check out more mother's day stuff {here}.  Thank you again to all the Mom's out there and everything you do for your children.  To my Mother - I love you and adore you.  Thank you for ALWAYS being there.
~Miss E

1 comments:

Gina said...

I just found your blog and I LOVE ALL YOUR IDEAS!

~Gina
beaniesdailyblog.blogspot.com