Friday, August 23, 2013

The Kissing Hand, a freebie, and TGIF

One of my favorite Back to School activities is The Kissing Hand. It's such a great little book to read and discuss feelings. 
After I discuss the book, my students help me with some activities. We either create an anchor chart, venn diagram, or we sort cards in a pocket chart. Here are some ideas that I've done in the past. 
We also make student handprints. Last year I made them on a puzzle and included a cutesy little poem from Kim Adsit. This year, I stamped handprints on a "Kissing Hand" printable. 
Some of the ideas and more can be found in a freebie. If you weren't able to grab this during the Kinderland Freebies on the Fourth hop, now is your chance. Just click the image below to grab from google docs. TGIF!

1 comments:

kraftykathy said...

Kthan you so much for these goodies! I love The Kissing Hand too and am doing it next week. These will really be a great addition. I love your blog!!