Wednesday, March 23, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Pictures

Well, I am home!  Finally...after 3 flight delays and 2 gate changes...Tennessee was graced with my presence around 10 p.m. last night.  There is NO place like home!  I had a wonderful time out West and now it's time to kick it in gear and get ready for the downhill slide to summer time.  Much to do and accomplish before I send my students off to 1st.  But before we go into that...ha ha....here is a little glimpse at what we did leading up to St. Patty's day.  I told you I would share!
We measured shamrocks in math using different manipulatives.  We used beans, worms, unifex cubes, and crayons.  My students LOVED this activity and had a great time comparing their answers.  (all of the shamrocks were various sizes)
We made our own leprechauns and used their gold to illustrate math problems. 
Here is the paper we used to record our answers and the way we set up our gold on the pot below.  All of these activities were adapted from Chalk Talk's St. Patrick's Day unit.  You can find that link and the printables {here}
We did some other cool things...like graphed lucky charms, read St. Patrick's Day books, finished riddles, learned about rainbows, etc.  But...unfortunately I left that for my sub because I took off for Spring Break 3 days early.  No pictures there :(  Sorry friends.  Hope everyone had a great St. Patrick's Day and no one got pinched!! ~Miss E

0 comments: