Saturday, December 15, 2012

Silence for Sandy Hook


I am literally heart broken over yesterday's events. I've cried multiple times and cannot even fathom what the families, friends, and staff of Sandy Hook are experiencing at this moment. Sadly, as a teacher, we are required to train and prepare for the unspeakable but pray that we will never resort to using it. While the crimes are changing with the times, it's still the same ole devil at work. And thankfully (Praise God), the same Savior! I am taking comfort in the fact that the God I serve,  cares for all the families that are experiencing sadness due to their losses and is rejoicing with 20 sweet babies in heaven! I'm claiming Psalms 46:1, "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." Please join me in prayer and a time of silence in remembrance of this awful tragedy. I will certainly be hugging my students a little tighter on Monday. 

0 comments: