Monday, February 6, 2012

Presidential freebie

Hey friends! I'm gearing up for Valentine's Day and trying to stay ahead of the game by being a few weeks planned out. While I should always do this....THIS never happens. It helps to have a student teacher! :) Anyways....while looking at some upcoming units, I started getting excited about President's Day. I just love my Presidential unit and am even more excited about it this year because I purchased DeAnna's America unit! Whoo hoo! I snagged a few pics of a George Washington project my students made and a bulletin board we put together out of their shadows last year. I actually drew my kinders' shadows for Groundhog Day and held on to their outlines for this bulletin board. Can I get an AMEN for killing 2 birds with 1 stone?! Yess!!! 

















I put together this little informative booklet/emergent reader for my kiddos and wanted to share.  Most of the clipart was found on Scholastic. Students can "butter" the words they know, label the February calendar on pg. 2 and sticker President's Day with a gold star, and even draw themselves as the president on the last page. I hope you enjoy. I don't know about ya'll...but that 3 day weekend cannot get here soon enough!  Can't a woman get a cold front up in here?!?
Just click on the image to grab from google docs and leave me some love, please! Hope everyone had a happy day back. 

15 comments:

Tonia said...

Love your student shadows! Any tips, you did such a great job. I have tried in the past, they don't always look as good as I'd like.
Tonia
Tvento1313@msn.com

Jennifer said...

So cute!! Thanks for sharing your emergent reader!!

Jennifer
The First Grade Dream

Erin Eberhart said...

@ Tonia, I just tape the black construction paper to a door and center the child in the middle....flip on the overhead, grab a white piece of chalk, and start drawing. I tell them to be SUPER still and I trace like a mad woman! I usually add a little extra detail when I'm cutting them out so they look more realistic. But it's tough. Good luck! :)

Unknown said...

Love this! You are awesome! =)
Jennifer
First Grade Blue Skies

Megan said...

Love the book. Thank you!

Delaney White said...

I am a new follower...I love this freebie. Thanks for sharing!

My Kindergarten Kids said...

Love the little book! Thanks for sharing!! :)
My Kindergarten Kids

Jen R said...

what a cute time to do that - I always did the silhouettes for a mother's day activity...but this is cute!

Leah Zilberman said...

Love the President's Day freebie! Thank you! I just came across your blog and you have some fantastic stuff!

Unknown said...

Love! Thank you Erin! :)
Cheryl
Crayons and Curls

Rachel said...

Wow! Thank you!

Giggles and Squeals said...

Thank you Erin. You are always so giving!

Cindy Hutter and Tanya Wildman said...

Love the ideas! Thanks Erin!

Martha said...

This is great, thanks for sharing!
My kiddos will use it next week.

sspeller said...

Just found your blog and am now a follower! Tucked this away for next year already...