Saturday, February 18, 2012

Valentine's Day whirlwind

Whoo hoo! Happy Dance! I am back in business. Sorry I've been so MIA, but I've had computer problems and a near break down. I thought my hard drive had crashed...and I had lost everything...but good news - Geek Squad to the rescue!! I just want to give a shout out to the "geeks" employed by Best Buy in East Tennessee....YOU SAVED MY LIFE...and my MacBook! :)  I now have an external hard drive that has everything "backed up" on it and and brand new hard drive itching to be filled up with more goodies. ha Anyways...to get caught up.  Here is a glimpse at Valentine's in my classroom.  What is it with Valentine's Day?  The kiddos are super amped up and act wild interesting. ha ha 
We did all sorts of fun stuff in work stations...from graphing and counting by 10s to patterns and tally marks. It was a wonderful review for my kinders and they loved it! All of these ideas and more, can be found in my Valentine unit on TpT.  Just click {here}.
We also read Love, Splat! and did a little character analysis.  Students even compared and contrasted a few Splat! books and recorded their answers on a Venn diagram.  I stinking love me some Splat! He is the cutest cat everrrrr. Amen?
We plugged a little mess painting in during the week and made this sweet card for parents. A huge thank you for my student teacher for pulling my students back and grabbing their handprints when she could.  I'm pretty sure she went home multiple days with paint on her clothes.  Good thing it's washable! This cutesy little printable was snagged from Erica Bohrer
Our February family project was for parents to help their kinder create a box to hold their valentine cards. I was so happy with the way they turned out and students had SO MUCH fun at our party.
Check out this sweet thang! This is the little brother of one of my kinders. He attended our Vday party and I literally could've eaten him up. Maybe I'll have him in a few years? Every time I got near him with my camera...he said "CHEESE!" No matter if he had food in his mouth or what. ha ha PRESH! Lucky for me, we go to the same church...so I can get my fix on Sundays too! 
So I moustache you a question....will you be my valentine? hee hee Grab this sweet printable from the amazing Abby! My kiddies had a blast making these. Hope ya'll had a wonderful day filled with love!

7 comments:

Miss Kindergarten said...

Everything turned out adorable! Great job!!

Busy Bees said...

Everything looks wonderful. Saw the moustache earlier and have to file it for next year.
Robynn
BusyBees

Unknown said...

Love your picture!! =)
Jennifer
First Grade Blue Skies

Heather's Heart said...

Everything is so cute! Lots of fun and learning going on...and that little one is so stinkin' cute! =)

Heather
Heather's Heart

vicky1970 said...

Hi Erin,
You are too cute! I love the Valentine -- Moustache you a question...adorable. Love your blog. ~ Vicky
Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

Unknown said...

So cute Erin! Love the Bunny cards! I might have to make those for Easter presents! :)
Happy Weekend! :)
Cheryl
Crayons and Curls

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Looks like such a fun day! Their boxes are so delightful! We used your sweetheart activities...and we loved them! Thanks bunches! :D