Friday, February 4, 2011

Do I have OCD?

Am I the only crazy person who obsesses over sub plans?  ha ha Like I must make plans for every worst case scenario that could possibly occur?! Sheeze....I just know how my kiddos are and they must have consistancy or else (I've heard) they'll tell you if you're doing it wrong! ;-)  With all seriousness....my school is blessed with some wonderful substitutes who I know do an outstanding job.  Here, however, is what I leave for them....my "Sub Tub!"
You can find the fun "Sub Tub" label and other goodies here: What the Teacher Wants! 
Here is what I typically place in my tub:
  • Lesson Plans (placed in folders for each day absent)
  • Grade/Roll Book
  • Lunch Count
  • Timer
  • Hand Sanitizer
  • Grading pens/Post it notes
  • Glue sticks (because my students are ALL THE TIME running out)
  • Clinic Log
  • Substitue Folder (this contains dismissal proceedures, fire drill proceedures, classroom proceedures, etc.)
  • Books, Worksheets, Materials, etc. that are required for the lessons
In reading other blogs...I've discovered that I'm not the only one who obsesses goes overboard with sub plans.  I certainly found relief in reading that other teachers dispise it as bad as I do.  Ughhh It's really a hastle.  But...I'm sure all would agree...that for our mental sanity, we must take a day off every now and again.  And for that reason, typing a sub plan and preparing a tub full of goodies is worth it.  Now...to take Friday AND Monday off to get out of town. Hooray!  To all the wonderful subsitute teachers out there...we appreciate what you do!  I leave you with this comic....enjoy! ~Miss E

4 comments:

Rachelle said...

It looks GREAT!!!! :) Thanks for the shout out and I'm glad I can help!

I'm like you....I hate sub plans, but they are a necessary evil!
-Rachelle
www.whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

Heather said...

I should be still on the sub list if you ever need a sub give me a shout! I love the sub tub!

Erin Eberhart said...

Yay, Heather! I'll have to tell my secretary to call you :) Thanks for the comments.

Kristin said...

This is GREAT! :) Thanks for sharing!
A Teeny Tiny Teacher