Monday, August 22, 2011

Meet the Teacher Monday

Hey friends. It's "Meet the teacher Monday"over at Blog Hoppin'. Hop on over to link up! To tell you a little about myself.....let's see...My name is Erin and I'm obsessed with blogging and blog stalking! I graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education from East Tennessee State University - a college in my home town. 

This is me and some of my kinders (from a few years ago) at our Thanksgiving breakfast. 
I've been teaching now for 5 years, 4 of those years being in Kindergarten. My first 2 years were spent teaching in Hamblen County...a school system an hour away.  I drove 68 miles ONE way every morning and every afternoon to teach because I was unable to land a job close to home. I would wake up at 4:30 in the morning...get ready...and meet 2 other women at McDonalds to carpool around 5:45 a.m. We would then begin our daily commute. *sigh* I'm not gonna lie, it was TOUGH! But I wouldn't of had it any other way...those 2 years made me a better and stronger teacher. 
I have an amazing family. Here is me with my Mom and sister. My sis and I are 12 months and 12 days apart and despite the fights and arguments we had growing up (even chasing each other with spatulas) my Mom was right - we grew up to be best friends. ha! Every time I look at this picture, I laugh. All I see is TEETH. bah ha ha 
Here is the rest of my motley crew - complete with brother in law and our crazy beagle, Boone - who doesn't know he is a dog. Please see below. 
My point exactly!
I paid for some of my college through pageantry. I was crowned Miss Historic Jonesborough in 2007 and went to Jackson to compete for the title of Miss Tennessee in 2008.  Had I won, you would've watched watched me compete for Miss America! I logged over 500 speaking hours promoting my literacy platform and enjoyed many parades, meet and greets, autograph signings, and ribbon cuttings. Every princess has to kiss a few frogs llamas.
I have a HUGE heart for Honduras and have been blessed to share 3 mission trips with my Dad!
Other random facts:
-I was born in Savannah, GA and came to Tennessee as quick as I could! (when I was 6 -ha ha)
-I own and run a home based business that specializes in printing and personalizing.
-I am writing my thesis and am literally 4 months away from a Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction. Yeehaw!
-I love to travel and am anxious to add more stamps to my passports.
-I've been clogging since I was 6 years old AND still dance on a team. We do about 30 shows a summer and I've even performed on a cruise ship. 
-I love getting crafty and creative.
-I'm obsessed with sweet tea.  I WILL have some type of sweet tea fountain at my wedding and possibly Zaxby's to cater (another staple in my diet).
-Teaching is the best most wonderful thing in the world.  I am blessed, indeed!
~Miss E

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am with you on sweet tea...can't live without it. My husband jokes that they should just hook an IV up to me with it. lol
Jennifer
FirstGradeBlueSKies

Deedee Wills said...

Have I told you how cool I think you are?

Mrs. Wills Kindergarten

Markeeta said...

I graduated from ETSU Early Ed program, I am from Kpt. Small world

Anonymous said...

Savannah is the best!!you missed out!! Keep up the wonderful blog!!