Friday, August 17, 2012

Open House 2012

Hey ya'll. Lawdy mercy...I am beyond exhausted! Seems like (every year) I forget just how difficult it is to get back on a routine, wake up early, and teach all the new rules, etc. to my kinders. Anyone with me? We had Open House last Sunday and have been going strong ever since. Looks like I'm in for a great year with such sweet students and wonderful families. I am blessed, indeed. I wanted to share my Open House stations I put together. I did a spin off of what KinderGals had posted last year and was thrilled with the way it turned out. I greeted parents at the door and had families visit 5 stations. This allowed me a chance to walk around, answer questions, and introduce myself. Here is what I did:
Station 1 - Sign in, take business card, information, etc.
Station 2 - Pick up your first homework page! (All About Me book...can be found in my Classroom Book Set Volume 1 packet). Students were allowed to add their name with letter stickers. 
Station 3 - Donations! Due to being a Title 1 school, I am not allowed to send out a "supply list." Parents can send in items if they wish but I am not required to have them provide anything for their student. Therefore, I display items I use often and encourage them to take a photo with their cell phone. This allows them to see the exact brand, size, etc. of the items I use. It works well! 
 Station 4 - Scavenger Hunt....this is courtesy of my dear friend, Katie. Check it out {here}
 Station 5 - Treats for everyone! Parents were presented with apples and students grabbed a playdough!
You can find the freebie printables for these items below:
Apple {here}
Playdough {here}

Interested in grabbing the station signs for your OWN Open House? Click the image below.

7 comments:

Pennie said...

Hi Erin, Love your open house station ideas and think I will do something similar for our PK collaborative program. I tried to download the station signs but google docs is denying access. Could you please change the settings. Thanks for sharing.

Miss Kindergarten said...

Such a great idea Erin! Love it!

Eileen Griffin said...

What a great idea, Erin! It looks very organized and self-explanatory.
Eileen

Glitzy In First Grade said...

AWESOME idea! Thanks for sharin'!

Unknown said...

Love all your open house ideas! Thank you so much for sharing! :)
Cheryl
Crayons and Curls

Michelle Griffo said...

Your photos are such good quality! ....and great ideas too! :)
Michelle

Ronpgdq said...

What a great idea, Erin! It looks very organized and self-explanatory. Eileen