Thursday, August 9, 2012

Comfort and a freebie!

Hey ya'll! I know everyone is gearing up for back to school. I am in full swing and a complete ball of nerves. Why do I get this way every year? ha You figure after a few years under my belt and five "1st days," I'd be good at it by now. But - nope! Still get nervous! eek Anyways, I posted this photo a while back that I pinned on pinterest. Remember?
I just love the idea of emphasizing the importance between school and home and allowing your students to bring in a framed photo. Can you imagine how proud they'll be and what comfort it will bring? Nonetheless, I've had some emails about it wondering how to ask parents, etc. SO - I put together a letter for you. I plan on sending this out a week or two into the school year. That way, students will be settled and I will of have ample time to clear space for all the sweet frames. Yay! Grab your parent note below and let me know how it turns out! 
What brings YOU comfort during "back to school craziness"?

11 comments:

Stacy said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you, I am so excited, this is one of the first pictures I pinned on Pinterest back in the day. I really wanted to do this in my class this year and now I have the perfect sheet to go with it. . .I'm repinning you now.
✰ Stacy

Simpson Superstars

Lisa R. said...

Thank you Erin!! I was just thinking about this the other day & this letter is perfect to go along with it. I also have the perfect bookcase to put these on. You are the best! :)
Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Beth said...

What a cute idea! Thanks for the letter to get us started.

Unknown said...

Such a sweet idea!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Camille said...

Erin, Great idea! Great letter! Thank you!
Camille
An Open Door

Christa Swaney said...

I have been doing this for 10 years . I absolutely love it and it is the one things parents comment on the most!! Our district did some training with Debbie Miller's comprehension strategies and room environment was a big deal!! I highly recommend it to all!!

Christa

sweetlifeofsecondgrade

Allison said...

Thank you so much! I just pinned this idea and had planned on creating a letter. You saved me!

First Grade O.W.L.s said...

What a great idea! I LOVE it! Thanks for the parent letter.

Nicole
First Grade OWLS
nicbunt@gmail.com

Heather's Heart said...

Your letter is great! Part of Conscious Discipline is creating a Friends and Family Board...and it is usually by the Safe Place. I love it!

Thank you for sharing. =)


Heather
Heather's Heart

Julia said...

I do a variation on this in my preschool classroom. We give every family a frame (I bought cheap Ikea ones and painted them to match my classroom colors) with a note in it asking them to put a family photo in the frame and return it to school when they can. Actually giving them the frame seems to help everyone remember to bring it back! I've been using the same set of frames for 3 years now.

James Roble said...

This is a great post, thanks for writing it